Tuesday 16 September 2014

Post Number 200

Hello,

This is post number 200. It feels like a milestone doesn't it? I thought it would be a good opportunity to talk about this blog and why I write it, how it has changed and evolved over the last 199 posts and to share some of my favourite images from our time together thus far.


At first I thought of this blog as an alternative to a website for Arts on Prescription. A web presence that could show what courses we ran, explain the project and share some of the student's work. I thought of it as a way to reach more people and to reassure people who were thinking about joining one of our courses.

So here are some of the early images created during our sessions...




 
 
But it started to become apparant that people might be interested in Arts on Prescription but might not be able to attend our courses, they might be based all over the world. Also, once people had attended our courses they might want to feel part of something. So I started to write with this in mind. A way to make a community feeling and to share any tips on how to feel better. To talk about how things were done and not just show the finished product.
 
 
The pictures became a bit more abstract... 



And then I changed again. I started to write more personally and share some of the good and not-so-good things happening. To bang on about explain more about my belief in positive thinking and the importance of seeing and being grateful for all the good things in life.

I started to share some of the work I do in my creative journal, which helps me to relax...


 
I even shared some pictures of my house and myself. I wrote a personal bio page and put it out there for anyone to read. Which was a little bit scary at the time.


 
I started to share pictures of places I'd been to and artists work I had seen...





I started to write posts which talked about more practical ideas for feeling better. I thought more about the posts I wrote and spent more time planning and taking photos. And I stopped just nabbing ideas from Pinterest and started creating posts that were new.


 
 
This blog is still evolving and will continue to do so. I like change and new ideas and Arts on Prescription isn't static so this blog won't be. I think it's time to share a bit more though. About the other projects I run, about the ideas I have, about the creative people I work with and to keep being completely honest about what works well and what doesn't.
 
I think I should probably post more often. I think there is design work needed on the blog (I have a longer term plan for this). I think you might like to hear from more voices than just mine. I think it might be time to rebrand and change the name of this blog.
 
What do you think? What blogs are doing it well? Who should we check out? Feel free to comment.
 
 
Thanks for reading,
 
 
 
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment