Wednesday 7 May 2014

Wednesday Wellbeing

It's Wellbeing Wednesday again! Comes round fast doesn't it.
 
Yesterday we were talking about lettering in the tutorial and that reminded me of a time I wasn't feeling so great and what I did to try and feel more cheerful. When I turned 30, I didn't have an easy time of it. I was feeling quite low, not in the place I wanted to be, my health wasn't great and it was all round a tough time. I'm quite a proactive person though and decided I would try and tackle this. I started writing down all the little things in life that were good or great. Sometimes it was the smallest things, 'the sun shined today', 'my friend sent me a great message that really cheered me up', sometimes it was what didn't happen, 'I didn't feel like crying today'. Like I said, it was a tough time.
 
But you know what, it worked. Over time I started to have more to write, and they started to be bigger things to be grateful about. I used a green notebook and picking it up again the other day, I read back through and I could remember the things I was grateful for but I didn't really remember feeling like that.
 

 
 
I'm glad I don't feel that way anymore and even though it's not easy to say this publicly I want to share my story in the hope that you might try it and end up feeling better, just like I did.
 
There's a lot of research out there that says why writing down the good things in life, no matter how small or big, makes you feel happier.
 
So, take out a piece of paper
 
 

 


Or a notebook
 
Photo Credit  
 
 
Or download an app if that suits you better
 
 
And start. Write down what you are grateful for. Persevere and you won't regret it.
 
Need any more convincing? Listen to Oprah here...

 
 
Thanks for reading,
 
 
 
 
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment